5 Tips for International Students Moving to Coventry
The thought of moving to another country to study must be very daunting. Away from home, family and friends and in a foreign country.
Our 5 tips will help you to settle into your new home here in Coventry.
- Develop your English skills - Try to develop your English skills as this will help you to settle in. Good English skills will mean you are able to communicate with other students and make studying easier.
- Join a society - This will help you to build a network of friends all with a common interest. There are over 150 societies at Coventry University student union so there’s sure to be a couple that takes your fancy.
- Get used to your new surroundings - make sure you know where your local supermarket is. Do you like to go to the gym? Want to pick up a coffee? All these places are just a stone's throw from Uni City Lodge so take a couple of hours to explore your new city.
- Get involved in the local culture - Coventry is a city steeped in culture, in fact, it has been named as the UK City of Culture for 2021. Make sure you visit the Cathedral and we highly recommend one of the Deep Fact Friars tours, Paul gives a whistle-stop tour of the history of Coventry and will point out lots of places of interest.
- Make your room your own - there are lots of ways to make your new room homely. Pop along to Ikea which is just around the corner to buy cushions, photo frames and all the other home accessories to make your room your own.
We really hope you enjoy your stay in Coventry. Uni City Lodge is a family run accommodation block in Coventry City Centre, please contact email@example.com to come and view our newly renovated accommodation.